Blog for a Job day 1

YAY first post to this blog with my new mission in mind!


My day was spent putting together a bunch of pieces to this proverbial puzzle that I call my life. See I have all of these different so called 'talents' that I have always pitter pattered with over the years. All of them self taught, all of them thus far useless. I say useless because I am 30 years old and obviously am lacking in a thing they call career.

I am currently working on trying to tie all of these loose ends of talent together to make it in to something. I figure hey, I can write, I can take pretty decent photos, I can do pretty decent graphic design, I love networking... it's clear that I should stay in the online world and work on making all of these things get me somewhere using the internet as a tool. Not a tool for world domination mind you. That tool is hidden in my basement under a dusty tarp and I shall not tell you about that... yet.

Anyways, this blog, as I've stated, is where I plan on documenting my push forward in life. My journey to get a new job, my journey to make my own way and possibly one day work for myself. However, this blog is not really that good of an outlet for the other stuff, like the photography and web design stuff amirite? I am right. So, the answer I came up with for that is to make a second blog where I can post all of my creative musings that generally happen at or around 3am.

There is a certain relief in change, even though it be from bad to worse! As I have often found in travelling in a stagecoach, that it is often a comfort to shift one's position, and be bruised in a new place. -Washington Irving

The second blog is created, mind you it is not pretty, hasn't been stamped with my seal of 'me' yet in the form of a layout. Isn't complete with information and only has two posts. But the point? It is a beginning, and a beginning guys, is a start.

//Lucid Muse - A Self Journey in Art <-- Join me over there :)

My own domain/website is in the near future, but first I have to raise some money for it. A domain costs around $100 a year, give or take a few pennies and dimes. Once I secure a home base on the internet, plans B through Z shall commence. I have a few brilliant ideas, a couple so-so ones, and a handful that will probably flop. However, this year I am growing some gonads and I plan to at least give everything a very good shot. If it fails, well, I can go cry in to my ice cream and watch sad movies!

I've been told I should put up a pay-pal link for donations... I've never been one to put a hand out, but I do actually need help so it could not hurt. I could send my mom to the link, I am sure she would LOVE that!!

So join me over in my new blog, I'll be posting daily in there as well and trying to better my photography and graphic design. The betterment part comes when you hang your work out for the public to see and they either love it or laugh at it. If they laugh at it, it certainly makes you step it up a notch!

PS: A new layout for THIS blog will be coming soon as well. Time to clean house!

Blog ya later!

Thank you for reading,
♥Sadie

2 Response to "Blog for a Job day 1"

  1. Naomi says:
    February 6, 2011 at 10:32 PM

    Hi Sadie!

    Sorry to hear you're on the job hunt. I really enjoy reading your blog and trust that great things will come your way.

    I just wanted to let you know about Doteasy.com for domains. They are only $25/year with free hosting or on holidays they have special sales. So maybe this Valentine's for instance they'll have new domains for only $6 for the year. Check them out :)

    Best of luck to you!
    ~Naomi

  2. Sadie the Receptionist says:
    February 6, 2011 at 11:16 PM

    Oh wow, thank you so much Naomi! Thanks for both the compliment and the domain suggestion! I will go check that out right now *cheer*

    I'm lucky to have wonderful readers like you <3

    All the best to you as well!

    ♥Sadie