Adventures of... mucus?

You may be wondering 'Sadie, where have the posts been? Have you been off having crazy fun adventures that you want to tell us about?!'... or you may not... but if you are, well the crazy adventures took place on my sofa with blankets and a lot of movies/Prison Break. I've been coming down with a flu, some of you if you are unfortunate enough may already have said flu, it's going around. The 'coming down with' part apparently revolves around sleeping as if you are in hibernation, and feeling nauseous. People were calling 'pregnant!' and to that I say 'HA! hahaha! FLU!'


Apparently people want me to reproduce. If I could reproduce several clones of myself RIGHT NOW that would be amazing. I could send them out to continue searching for a job for me while I lay on the sofa and moan... and sleep. mmmm sleep. So good when you're sick.

Between couch hibernation I've done a few things towards my projects, but it's hard to think and be creative when your head feels like it's underwater. Maybe I could convert that feeling in to a fish theme? Blue colors? Maybe green for seaweed?

The 'coming down with' part seems to be over as I woke up today with a head full of mucus and a slight cough. Isn't that the most attractive sounding thing EVER guys?! I know, you wish you were me.

I might be collaborating with a good friend of mine, once this flu passes, and helping her set up a website for her crafty little self. Step one: Find friends that will let you freelance for them. It's nice when people come to me for things when they know I need the help right now. Thanks darlin!

My mom bought me a new pair of slippers yesterday, in celebration of flu season. They are pretty cute... super fuzzy baby blue with a yellow and white moon/clouds all care bear like and sparkly. They somehow make the flue a little more 'bear'able if ya'know what I'm sayin. Nothing like new warm fuzzies on your feet.

On another note... WTF IS WITH THIS SNOW?! I demand answers. I know it's still technically winter, but we were teased with warmer weather, sun and the odd spring like rain. Then I woke up to a white out and thought I was going blind or that my vision was severely impaired. After a few blinks, some eye rubbing and a head shake, I realized it was that nasty white stuff. I saw some Facebook statuses this morning saying 'more snow' so I now refuse to look outside.

If I ignore it, it isn't true... right?

I hope you all don't have the flu, but if you do, go get yourself some new slippers and watch Prison Break... pretty good cure, or rather, nurse, if you ask me.

Thank you for reading,
♥Sadie

4 Response to "Adventures of... mucus?"

  1. Casey Palmer says:
    February 21, 2011 at 12:58 AM

    My dear. I've been trying to find you by email, but to no avail. Shoot me one so that we can figure out if I can find something to hire you for to tide you over :) You know I always have an insane amount of ideas running through my head.

    --case

  2. Sadie the Receptionist says:
    February 21, 2011 at 9:47 AM

    Designdreamer@shaw.ca :D

    Casey as my boss? Niiiiiice!!

    You and I have always been riddled with so many ideas. It's a blessing and a curse no?

  3. Casey Palmer says:
    February 26, 2011 at 11:56 AM

    lol — in my case, it's only a curse if I can't act on them, so I'm working on that AGGRESSIVELY :)

  4. Sadie the Receptionist says:
    February 26, 2011 at 2:12 PM

    Oh shi... aggressive Case?! GOOD TIMES! :D I'm getting pretty damn aggressive myself.