What Came First, the Job or the Money?

It's amazing when you fall from your throne how most people scurry away from you like rats in a sewer, but the odd faithful companion remains by your side to help you rebuild.


I have been slowly seeing who my friends are, and even though there is always bitterness in the wake of something like falling from said throne, a slow and steady faith and hope rises from your inner ashes and you start to feel a new beginning. Through those few friends that stuck by me I have been given support and opportunity. Both are very important to me right now as you can imagine!

On top of making posters for Lightburn Productions, another friend has offered to hire me to build her a website and get her business off the ground. This friend has been a friend to me through a lot of things, and she is pulling through for me again. It's going to save my arse!

On top of arse saving, it is going to allow me to build more of a portfolio. Who knows, maybe all these scattered 'talents' I have will provide me with that solo career of being artistic and free after all. This starving artist might actually not starve! See? Hopeful. I have hope again.

This is a bit of a mushy post, but I'm sick as ten dogs and feelin' pretty mushy right about now.

Now, all I have to do is line up a few more projects and I should be ok for a couple of months. This should allow me the time I need to find a job, pay off these ever mounting bills and breath for a while... well, the breathing thing probably will not happen until my face is not plugged from the plague!

Off to rest, have to get better so I can get working again!

Leave me home remedies!! I need to get better!

5 Response to "What Came First, the Job or the Money?"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    March 5, 2011 at 5:26 PM

    You hang in there kiddo! You sound like you have all the spunk needed to be successful.
    Wish I had some really big-make-ya-gobs-of-big-bucks job leads for ya!
    Maybe a hot cup of tea with honey and lemon will help...for the other big gobs!!! lol

  2. Sadie the Receptionist says:
    March 5, 2011 at 8:04 PM

    If there is one thing that I am, it's stubborn! I am going to make something of myself somehow, and maybe one day land on a nice white beach with margaritas waiting!

    Thanks for the love!

    PS: Honey and lemon is a GOOD idea!

  3. Casey Palmer says:
    March 5, 2011 at 8:17 PM

    Is true. When I was unemployed for a bit back in 09, it was like I had the plague. But I hope someone intervenes for you like they did for me, and that we can get all of this madness sorted out!

    Hell. We WILL sort this out. Word.

  4. Anonymous Says:
    March 5, 2011 at 8:33 PM

    Bah! I just wrote a huge comment and then it shat the bed!!!
    In summary - the nose strips which help w snoring are suppose to be amazing for helping u sleep when u have a cold
    2- I was super stoked when Jessie said u were doing the graphic stuff (insert proper terminology) for the pamphlets and always say that you did them whenever anyone is looking at them!

    Feel better soon my love and get lots of sleep! (sleep before midnight is very important!!!)

    Xo - Annierose (ps couldnt get it to let me post this un-anonymously)

  5. Sadie the Receptionist says:
    March 7, 2011 at 5:27 AM

    Case, yeah I know... I think unemployed people start to look like zombies, pale and sullen. Maybe early stage zombie, not full on RAWR!zombie cause that would just be weird.

    Thanks Annierose! I'm now dealing with hacking cough more than running... I guess I'm all dried up! Sorry your comment shat the bed! Hate it when that happens!

    Jessie is rad pimping me out like that, and I'm glad you like the poster :D

    Also, if you look just above where you type the comments in, there is an option to be anon, or use your google account (etc) and one says 'name and url'... if you just use that one you can put your name in, the URL is optional.

    Blogger is a bit too convoluted for it's own good sometimes.

    xoxoxox